We need a skilled computer and networking professional with a minimum of 2 years experience in a customer service environment and basic level of understanding Windows-based networks. We are a successful and steadily growing IT services company working primarily with small to midsized businesses.
Please study the information on this page carefully and completely. If you are confident that you meet the requirements for this position, send your resume with “Help Desk” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Help Desk member is responsible for maintaining client satisfaction through the effective dispatch of service tickets and by providing initial help desk support.
The position is an entry-level IT position with many opportunities for knowledge growth and advancement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Promptly answer incoming telephone calls and triage service tickets.
- Monitor the schedules of team members and the service board to ensure proper execution of all appointments
- Communicate with clients as required: keep them informed of incident progress; notify them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic- to beginner-level technical issues involving any of the following:
- Microsoft’s core business applications, Windows Server Desktop, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint
- Remote access solutions: Citrix, VPN, Terminal Services
- Backup, business continuity, and disaster recovery solutions
- Networking: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- VoIP telephone systems
- Communicate often with clients and document all results
- Maintain or improve technical proficiency via courses, exams, certifications, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a customer service environment
- Interest in obtaining IT certifications such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP
- A basic level of understanding of relevant technologies, solutions, troubleshooting and support
- Honest, dependable and full of integrity
- Possess a genuine desire to help others
- Take ownership of all tasks and committed to high quality results
- A track record of self-improvement and continuous learning
- Ability to seamlessly adapt to changes quickly
- Good sense of humor – has fun in pressure-filled moments
- Interpersonal skills: telephone skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Typing, writing and presentations skills
- Professional attitude and appearance