We need a skilled computer and networking professional with a minimum of 7 years experience deploying and supporting Windows-based networks. We are a successful and steadily growing IT services company working primarily with small to midsized businesses.
Because of the nature of our work, we need outstanding people that meet a variety of qualifications. This is an excellent situation for the right person, with opportunities for growth and advancement.
Please study the information on this page carefully and completely. If you are confident that you meet the requirements for this position, send your resume with “Senior Systems Engineer” in the subject line to email@example.com. In your cover email, describe your qualifications and why you believe you are the best person for the job, as well as your salary requirements.
A Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for maintaining client satisfaction through the effective design and maintenance of various IT infrastructures to include analyzing, repairing and deploying systems, managing projects and communicating with clients.
The position requires a high level of technical knowledge and expertise in IT and will serve as a technical escalation point for other service members.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, configure, and maintain IT infrastructure for clients including servers, storage, virtualization and network solutions, including the following:
- Microsoft’s core business applications: Windows Server /Desktop, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint
- Remote access solutions: Citrix, VPN, Terminal Services
- Backup, business continuity, and disaster recovery solutions
- Networking: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- VoIP telephone system
- Other hardware peripherals
- Troubleshoot and resolve advanced technical issues and serve as an escalation point for other team members
- Communicate often with clients and document all results
- Serve as the account manager for clients to ensure recurring appointments are conducted and to maintain a positive relationship
- Provide advanced consulting services to analyze, develop, recommend and implement complex solutions
- Coordinate with order fulfillment to oversee any product purchases requested by clients
- Manage projects and ensure all tasks are completed efficiently and timely
- Maintain or improve technical proficiency via courses, exams, certifications, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working for a managed services provider, or 7 years of relevant IT experience
- At least some professional IT certifications, such as Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP, or Project+ or PMP
- An advanced-level of understanding of relevant technologies, solutions, troubleshooting and support
- Leadership and strategic skills
- Honest, dependable and full of integrity
- Possess a genuine desire to help others
- Take ownership of all tasks and committed to high quality results
- A track record of self-improvement and continuous learning
- Ability to seamlessly adapt to changes quickly
- Good sense of humor, having fun in pressure-filled moments
- Interpersonal skills: telephone skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Organizational and project implementation skills
- Typing, writing and presentation skills
- Professional attitude and appearance