We need a skilled computer and networking professional with a minimum of 5 years experience deploying and supporting Windows-based networks. We are a successful and steadily growing IT services company working primarily with small to midsized businesses.
Because of the nature of our work, we need outstanding people that meet a variety of qualifications. This is an excellent situation for the right person, with opportunities for advancement beyond this position.
Please study the information on this page carefully and completely. If you are confident that you meet the requirements for this position, send your resume with “Systems Engineer” in the subject line to email@example.com. In your cover email, describe your qualifications and why you believe you are the best person for the job, as well as your salary requirements.
A Systems Engineer is responsible for maintaining client satisfaction through the effective management of various IT infrastructures to include repairing and deploying systems, leading projects and communicating with clients.
The position requires an intermediate level of technical knowledge, experience in a managed services environment and proper account management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and support IT infrastructure for clients including servers, storage, virtualization, and network solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve intermediate-level technical issues involving any of the following:
- Microsoft’s core business applications: Windows Server /Desktop, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint
- Remote access solutions: Citrix, VPN, Terminal Services
- Backup, business continuity, and disaster recovery solutions
- Networking: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- VoIP telephone systems
- Other hardware peripherals
- Communicate often with clients and document all results
- Serve as the account manager for clients to ensure recurring appointments are conducted and to maintain a positive relationship
- Provide consulting services to review systems and provide recommendations
- Coordinate with order fulfillment to oversee any product purchases requested by clients
- Lead or participate in projects as designated by the Project Manager
- Maintain or improve technical proficiency via courses, exams, certifications, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working for an MSP, or 5 years of relevant IT experience
- At least one professional IT certification, such as Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, or VMware VCP
- An intermediate-level of understanding of relevant technologies, solutions, troubleshooting and support
- Honest, dependable and full of integrity
- Possess a genuine desire to help others
- Take ownership of all tasks and committed to high quality results
- A track record of self-improvement and continuous learning
- Ability to seamlessly adapt to changes quickly
- Good sense of humor, having fun in pressure-filled moments
- Interpersonal skills: telephone skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Organizational and project implementation skills
- Typing, writing and presentation skills
- Professional attitude and appearance