The holidays are stressful enough without having to worry about finding the perfect gift for the ones you love. That’s why this holiday season, MyITpros is stepping in and doing all the shopping for you! Whether you’re technically savvy or not, we’ve picked out 12 awesome gadgets that are sure to make you the gift-giving hit of the season.
Check back each day to discover the next perfect present during our 12 days of technology!
What it is: iPhone X
Apple rocked the tech world earlier this year when, during its regular September technology summit, the company released not only the expected iPhone 8 but also the iPhone X to commemorate the 10-year iPhone anniversary. The iPhone X is described on the Apple site as “the future”—a phone that is entirely screen, completely immersive and so intelligent that it can respond to taps, voice commands or even a glance.
We covered the full range of iPhone X features back in September, as well as those of the iPhone 8. Some of the highlights include:
- The all-new 5.8-inch Super Retina display that curves around the corners and is unbroken with a home button.
- An OLED screen with true blacks, high brightness and a 1,000,000-to-1 contrast ratio.
- A TrueDepth camera with facial recognition sensors.
- Intuitive gestures, such as a single swipe taking you back to the home screen no matter what you’re doing.
- Secure authentication through Face ID that’s so secure, you can use it for Apple Pay. That’s right—you can now check out with a single glance.
- Enhanced photography features, such as Animojis and portrait lighting for better selfies. Animojis are powered by the TrueDepth camera, which analyzes over 50 facial muscles to recreate your expressions and let out your inner panda, pig, etc.
- Dual optical image stabilization on both rear cameras, with fast lenses for amazing photos and videos even in low light.
- Optical zoom thanks to wide-angle and telephoto cameras, which allow zooming up to 10x for photos and 6x for videos.
In tandem with A11 Bionic superhuman intelligence, wireless charging and a groundbreaking new iOS, the features outlined above truly lift this phone head and shoulders above the models that came before it—in terms of both design and function.
How much it costs: Starting at $999
The iPhone X can be purchased from any major retailer or mobile carrier store, as well as directly through Apple. The phone starts at $999 for a 64 GB model and $1,149 for the 256 GB model, which can be paid through a series of monthly installments to increase affordability. Regardless of payment plans, however, the price is definitely not for the faint of heart. With this in mind, Apple has devised ways to ease the cost, such as the iPhone Upgrade Program and the opportunity to receive credit for trading in an old phone.
Who to buy it for: The Apple addict in your life
Over the years, Apple has become more than a brand—it’s a way of life. We all know that one person who not only loves Apple, but must have the latest and greatest mobile phone at all times. This year, help out your favorite Apple lover by getting them what is arguably the most revolutionary cellphone to ever be released!