Hosting your company in the cloud is not a new idea anymore – in fact, the cloud has been the preferred choice for many small to medium-sized enterprises for quite some time. This makes cloud services an integral part of a managed services provider’s offerings.
So, why are cloud services so important to businesses? Utilizing the cloud means using a network of remote servers hosted online to store, manage and process data, rather than relying on a local server or a personal computer. This approach has a variety of business benefits, including:
- Avoidance of upfront costs related to hardware and upgrades
- Enhanced redundancy and uptime reliability
- Improved security and compliance
- More building space
- Energy cost savings (local servers can require a significant amount of power)
At MyITpros, we offer a comprehensive suite of cloud services broken down into two types of solutions: software and hosted. The difference? Software solutions are offered by third-party vendors with which we liaise on behalf of our clients in exchange for Microsoft Office 365 access, voice and data tools, email security and more. Hosted solutions are cloud functions that we run directly out of our data centers in Austin, Texas.
MyITpros’ hosted cloud solutions
MyITpros offers six different hosted cloud solutions customized to fit your business needs.
- Server hosting: A dedicated server gives you the same control, power and security that you enjoyed with a local server, although shifting to the cloud provides the added benefits of monitoring, enhanced performance and increased uptime.
- Virtual desktop: With this solution, your desktop environment and data are hosted on a server in a data center. Use your workstation, tablet or thin client to access a web browser and log in with your username and password. You’ll be connected to your own personal desktop, allowing for the same desktop experience from any device in any location.
- Secure file-sharing: Cloud7 is just like any other folder on your hard drive, except the files you drag into Cloud7 automatically sync online – as well as to any other computers or mobile devices linked to your account. What’s more, you can securely share files with others.
- Application hosting: A hosted application is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution that allows you to execute and operate software applications entirely from the cloud using a recurring subscription. Hosted applications are powered via the remote cloud infrastructure and are accessed globally through the internet. They provide the same functionality as locally installed software, but can be updated more easily.
- Storage: The term “storage space” refers to the total amount of cloud server space set aside for you to keep files such as backups, images and old emails. Whatever you store, rest assured that the space is safe and secure, so your data is always protected.
- Disaster recovery: Performing local and offsite cloud backups is easy with MyITpros. Our solutions can back up everything – disks, partitions, servers, data and more – and recovery is quick and easy. Moreover, our ultra-secure local data center will keep backups safe.